The President and Attorney General Holder “released statements” today condemning the brutal murder of two New York City police officers. No public appearances, no Department of Justice investigations, no comments about how they could have looked like their sons, no visit by the Attorney General – just a piece of paper released to the press many hours after the event. And for those stoking demonstrations because of Ferguson and Staten Island – well, their biggest worry is that people may not want to demonstrate because of empathy for the murdered policemen. Amazing.
But not to worry, because the President just called the cyber invasion of Sony, “cybervandalism“.
Another measure of strong leadership.
Has the world gone mad?
Way back in September of last year, almost a year ago, I wrote about the atrocious attacks on Christians in the Mid-East and parts of Africa. Because of the Obama Administrations’ complete lack of attention, this problem has grown increasingly worse. It was widely reported today that upwards of 100,000 Christians have been forced to refugee camps in the mountains of Iraq by the latest insane radical group, ISIS, whom the President a short while ago referred to as JV (Junior Varsity) players. For the last year, the President, much like Ponticus Pilate, has washed his hands and left these innocents to fend for themselves. The European Union and the United Nations are no better. Leaders today are cowered by radicals, and like those who succumbed to Hitler, we and our children will pay the price in the future.
The President says the nation is wearied by the wars of the last 12 years. Today, he began to “target” bomb strategic ISIS ammunition locations. The weapons he’s targeted were once ours, were taken by ISIS, and used to kill women and children and now force Christians from there homeland. This is what you get when you “study, seek advise, examine options, and procrastinate” instead of leading. He would do well in his last two years to take lessons from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
The White House, Harry Reid and their democratic cronies are using the fabricated and false rhetoric that Republicans are trying to impeach Obama. Its an effort to energize their so called base. Sad, really, on many fronts. Its the reason why the approval rating of Congress is in the low teens. The Senate Majority Leader (aka former C-class boxer whose head was hit way too many times) believes the American people are so gullible, uninformed and stupid that they will fall for this charade. Further, it’s sad that the Democratic apparatus believes that its own base needs this type of folly to rally it for the fall election. Guess all those bills that Reed held up from coming to the Senate Floor doesn’t give his Members much else to run on.
While I believe that Obama has replaced Jimmy Carter as the worst President I have witnessed in my lifetime, I strongly believe the way to neuter him is to take over both houses of Congress. Then I would personally appropriate a used set of my golf clubs and say come back on January 19, 2015.
© James Stuckey
The attacks on Israel are atrocious. I completely sympothize with the Palestinian plight. They are a desperate, poverty stricken people, and I do believe they see no downside in attacking Israel. I have tremendous empathy for anyone of any nation or faith whose child or parent is killed in this conflict. It is horrendous. However, I believe this poverty and desperation is being completely manipulated by terrorists – Hamas. Only madmen would place weapons in schools and hospitals.
I understand why Israel must defend her people. No civilized nation can ignore missiles being rained on its communities. I am deeply troubled by the impotence and stupidity of the Obama administration in handling this crisis, and believe that it in part bares responsibility. More on this to come.
I’ve been trying to be thoughtful about a number of things that have been happening in rapid succession at all levels of government, but particularly at the federal level. Let’s make a list:
- After a horrendous start to Obamacare, the President unilaterally changes many of the legislation’s rules, to deflect the groundswell of anger and frustration expressed by large numbers of Americans across demographics and geography. It’s unclear whether he has the authority to do so without legislation. Notwithstanding these changes, over 5 million Americans who have had their insurance cancelled will likely not be able to get the policies they had and wanted back.
- The President and his ally’s have tried a number of strategies on how to deal with the outcry. First, the President tries to redefine what he said over thirty times about being able to, “keep your health care, period.” Next, he does a soft Mea Culpa in a one on one interview with NBC. Then, he’s pressured into doing a more extensive, apologetic, “I own this” one hour press conference, in which he deflects the “you can keep it” decision to insurance companies and state insurance commissioners. He leaves them six weeks to rectify his broken promise; amusing, in that his administration could not get it right in three years after spending $600 million of our tax money. I spent about $300 to set up my website with GoDaddy, and it has not crashed once. I accept credit card and PayPal payments on my site, set up multiple email addresses, and allow people to comment and communicate with me. I realize I don’t have the web traffic as Healthcare.gov (I wish), but I spent $300.00. I did it myself, and I am far from a website expert!
- Now, the President unilaterally delays a notification period on how Obamacare will affect close to two hundred Americans until after next year’s mid-term election. He and his administration know that if they didn’t, it would likely result in a routing of the democrats in both Houses of Congress.
- It appears, however, that Americans can’t be fooled. Only 37% approve of his job performance; close to 55% now state they don’t trust him; and, about 65% believe he lied about Obamacare.
Now, lets move on some other areas.
- Harry Reid and the Democratic Congress stage an unprecedented power grab, instituting the so called “nuclear option” that would allow them to appoint judges with a simple majority vote. Likely, they will extend this to other appointment and legislative matters in the future. Virtually everyone of these democrats – Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, etc. – condemned this procedural maneuver when the Republicans controlled the Senate. In a perverse way, this may come back to bite them, in that red state democrats will now have to vote on uber-liberal ideas and show their true colors to their constituents.
- Having already completely screwed up on earlier foreign policy concerns in Egypt, Syria and Afghanistan, the President enters into a mind boggling “agreement with Iran”. The negotiations produce nothing for America except what will probably be a huge security risk in the future. In the process, we jeopardized a sacred bond with Israel, and with the few moderate Arab states in the mid-east, all of whom know the incidiousness of Iran far better than we.
In the early 1990’s, I spent a lot of time in Russia when the former Soviet Union was falling apart. For years, there was no rule of law. Yeltsin, the Russian President would issue decrees. The Russian Parliament would issue decrees. The break-away former Soviet States would issue decrees. The monetary system collapsed. Nuclear material disappeared. There was no rule of law. With our President taking unilateral “executive” actions, and Harry Reid and the Senate making unilateral “nuclear” decisions, I’m feeling a creepy feeling reminiscent of what I saw during the wild west break-up of the Soviet Union. We are starting to lose the very basis and foundation of our country. I hate to say this: this is not class warfare as some preach, it is warfare on the classes.
© James Stuckey
I just heard that the Obama administration wants to add a $7.50 fee, each way, on round trip flights to raise $26 billion in revenue. Over the weekend, it was reported that the IRS sent $4 billion in phony refunds to mystery people in China and Latvia. I also read that 107 million Americans are now on welfare or other government programs, while only 104 million have full time jobs. In other words, government subsidies is our largest employer. Second, to being paid not to work, is being employed by the government. Having a real private sector job is now a distant third. With all this waste, and with so many living off the public till, why should those of us that have (or had) real tax paying jobs pay more? Am I the only one who sees that we are on the way to financial collapse?
© James Stuckey
Obama was quoted as stating some people critisized him for sounding like an insurance salesman last week. I wonder if he read my blog post six days ago?
Amazingly, he sounded like one of the late night informercials that repeat the 1 (800) number about 30 times a minute. Unlike those numbers, the healthcare number gave a repeated busy signal. So the web crashes, the phone is always busy, and no one has a clue what will happen with the new law. I would bet the professor would never get a job as a salesman, but he somehow sold the majority of Americans he could be a leader. I guess some people just want to believe.
© James Stuckey